James T. Haadsma
395 S Shore Dr #308
Battle Creek, Michigan 49014
James T. Haadsma has practiced with the law firm since August, 1987. He specializes in representing injured workers in workers’ disability compensation disputes before the Michigan Workers’ Compensation Agency, and in representing injured workers before the Social Security Administration’s Office of Disability Adjudication and Review. Mr. Haadsma also occasionally represents a partially disabled employee in controversies with employers under the Americans with Disabilities Act/Michigan Persons with Disabilities Civil Rights Act. He represents clients from Washtenaw to Berrien Counties, but predominantly in Calhoun County.
Before joining the McCroskey firm in August, 1987, Mr. Haadsma practiced with the Muskegon office of Legal Aid of Western Michigan, between May, 1984, and August, 1987. He then undertook successful Federal court challenges to a City of Muskegon ordinance, and to municipal mis-management of public housing programs, among other impact litigation advocacy. Mr. Haadsma continues to represent workers who otherwise could not afford an attorney by his participation in the Legal Services of South Central Michigan’s pro bono panel program.
J.D., Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan, 1984
University of Denver, Denver, Colorado, 1980-1981
Attended graduate fine artss program.
B.A., Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, 1980
Graduated with honors.
Federal District Court, Western District of Michigan
U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
Michigan State Bar Association
Member Since: 1984
Board Member, State Bar of Michigan Social Security Section
Calhoun County Bar Association
Michigan Association for Justice
- Chair of the Calhoun County Democratic Party (2008-present, 2000-2004)
- Board Director of Battle Creek Kiwanis
- Vice-Chair of the Minges-Riverside Neighborhood Planning Council
- Second vice-chair of the Battle Creek Branch of the NAACP
- Board member of the Inspire Community Development Credit Union
- Advisory board member of Legal Services of South Central Michigan, in Battle Creek
- Board member at SNAP Preschool
- Officer-at-Large at JONAH
- Small group leader at the First United Methodist Church in Battle Creek