James T. Haadsma
395 S Shore Dr, #308
Battle Creek, Michigan 49014
Before joining the McCroskey firm in August, 1987, Mr. Haadsma practiced with the Muskegon office of Legal Aid of Western Michigan, between May, 1984, and August, 1987. He then undertook successful Federal court challenges to a City of Muskegon ordinance, and to municipal mis-management of public housing programs, among other impact litigation advocacy. Mr. Haadsma continues to represent workers who otherwise could not afford an attorney by his participation in the Legal Services of South Central Michigan’s pro bono panel program.
J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence, Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan, 1984
University of Denver, Denver, Colorado, 1980-1981
Attended graduate fine artss program.
B.A., Bachelor of Arts, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, 1980
Graduated with honors.
Federal District Court, Western District of Michigan
U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
Michigan State Bar Association
Member Since: 1984
Board Member, State Bar of Michigan Social Security Section
Calhoun County Bar Association
Michigan Association for Justice
- Chair of the Calhoun County Democratic Party (2008-present, 2000-2004);
- Board Director of Battle Creek Kiwanis;
- Vice-Chair of the Minges-Riverside Neighborhood Planning Council;
- Second vice-chair of the Battle Creek Branch of the NAACP;
- Board member of the Inspire Community Development Credit Union;
- Advisory board member of Legal Services of South Central Michigan, in Battle Creek;
- Board member at SNAP Preschool;
- Officer-at-Large at JONAH;
- Small group leader at the First United Methodist Church in Battle Creek.